Where can I get additional assistance with using D2L?
CTL has student tutorials available online. Please go to SFAONLINE, click Tech Support & Resources, and then D2L Tutorials.
Where can I find handouts on D2L topics?
How do I copy content from one course into another?
You can easily copy in the content from any of your courses into any other course -- for example, from one semester's course into the next semester's course. Here's how:
- Go into the destination course (the one you want to copy content into).
- Click the Course Tool link on the navbar.
- Click on Edit Course.
- Under Site Resources, click on Import / Export / Copy Components.
- Make sure “Copy Components from Another Org Unit” is selected, and leave the “Include protected resources” check box checked.
- Click the Search for offering button.
- Choose the course that contains the content you want to use (by selecting the radio button to the left of the course name), then click the Add Selected button.
- Wait a few seconds while your screen refreshes then select either Copy All Components or Select Components.
- Under Choose Components to copy, either click Select All Components, or click individual checkboxes beside the specific items you want to import.
- Click Continue.
- On the “Confirm Components to Copy” screen, click Finish.
- Wait while the content is copied over. When the process is finished, click View Content.
How do I find my course file manager?
Go into the course and click on the Course Tool link on the navbar. Then click on the Manage Files link in the dropdown list.
How can I prevent students from entering my course before I have all the material ready for them to see?
Go into the course and click the Course Tools link then on the Edit Course link in the dropdown, then click on the Course Offering Information link under Site Setup.
Change the "Start Date" to the date and time at which you want students to be able to begin accessing the course.
You can also change the "End Date" if desired -- after the end date and time, students are prevented from continuing to access the course.
How do I make a back up copy of my course?
To generate and save a zipped back up copy of a course in D2L
- Click on Course Tools
- Click Edit Course on the dropdown.
- Click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Choose Export Components and click Start.
- Click Select All Components and click Continue.
- On the next screen, click Continue.
- Wait while the export process finishes. Depending on the size of the course, this may take anywhere from under 1 minute, to more than 15 minutes.
- Click Finish.
- Click the link that reads Click here to download the export Zip package. This is an important step -- otherwise, the course back up file won't be saved anywhere!
- When prompted by your computer, choose the appropriate option to download or save or open the file.
- Click Done
- Locate the downloaded zip package on your computer, and then move it to a location where you will be able to find it again later. You may also wish to modify the file name so that you will recognize it later.
Question reguarding D2L's internal email for both Students and Faculty.
How do I forward my D2L mail to another email address?
You can forward your email to another account but it is a one way transaction. You cannot reply from a forwarded email, back into D2L. To reply you will still need to log into D2L.
Please make sure your spelling for your email address is correct, otherwise your mail will never reach your other email account.
To set up a forwarding address:
- Log into D2L.
- Click on your username and then Account Settings
- Select the Email tab on the right.
- Scroll down the page towards the bottom to Forwarding Options.
- Check the Forward incoming messages to an alternate email account.
- Type the email address you want to use in the text box.
- Click Save and Close you are done.
Can I forward my mail, such as my Jacks account, to my D2L email account?
No. The D2L mail system is internal only.
You can forward your d2l email out of D2L, but you cannot forward mail back into D2L from an outside email account.
This area is for FAQ that affect both Students and Faculty.
Why does my upload never finish?
The SFASU D2L system has a limit of 700 MB for any one individual file. Anything above this limit will not upload and will appear to hang. If you need a larger file uploaded please contact support.
Why are my courses no longer sorted by Semester?
The My Courses widget will display your courses in one of two ways.
1. If your current enrollment total is below 50 then your courses will sort according to Semester.
2. If your current enrollment total is above 50 then your courses will not sort by semester but will list in Alphabetic order instead. A search box will appear in the upper part of the Widget. This search box will allow you to search for a course that is not listed but you are still enrolled in.
The best way to handle quick access to your current courses is to use the "Pin" feature of the "Select a course.." drop-down at the top if the page.